Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Hey, look it is raining...inside the house?!?

Yeah, not awesome.  Not one bit...

Doing her best Chris Traeger, Rob Lowe from NBC's Parks and Recreation, my wife told me it was "literally raining through the ceiling downstairs."

Holy cow, I thought...this is awful.  Fortunately she turned off the water to the house and I slowly started packing my things and leaving my hotel in Spartanburg, South Carolina. 
  
What did I do about the leaks when I got home?  Took some pictures of course.  If you know me, I am certainly not the most handy dude out there.  I have attached some pictures for your enjoyment. 

Check out the really awesome, large, and super loud and dehumidifying drying equipment we have too.  Nothing like gale force winds inside your house to make you sleep better at night. 

Not sure if you can tell but the hardwood floor is raised like 2 inches, not good.  Needless to say it will have to be removed and replaced.  I guess that is why you have insurance, right?
  
On a more positive note I have gotten to spend like 7 days at home in a row, which is a win.  Keep all you posted on the progress in the coming weeks and I will be sure to add more pictures.



May your pipes be perfect and your ceilings not leaky,
TF

No comments:

Post a Comment