Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hmmm...was that $60 really worth it?

I am the kind of consumer that the guys at Sterling, Cooper, Draper & Pryce dream about. 
image courtesy of tvsurveillance.com
Give me a gimmick and I will buy.  Who wants to be 5% faster while using 6% less energy…this guy. 


Not sure exactly how the fine people at CEP can quantify an increase in speed with a reduction in energy but who cares because I am buying.  So yesterday, after some thorough web research, I went out and I purchased a pair of CEP compression socks from my local running store. 


Upon putting on my new running compression socks, I had felt that I looked more like a basketball player from the Julius Erving era rather than a runner.  All I needed now was an even shorter pair of shorts and Converse All-Stars. While I definitely looked foolish to anyone who happened to see me...I was honestly excited to put them to work for a quick run. 
I had envisioned the feel of the socks to resemble that of a continual calf massage but that was not really the case.  I did however feel a bit faster than usual but perhaps it was more a placebo effect or perhaps the dog was just pulling extra hard during the run...that, my friends, will remain a mystery.   
Next race: 1.08.12 - Atlanta Fat Ass 50K, Sweetwater Creek State Park, Lithia Springs, Georgia

Hungry?  Next time in Asheville, North Carolina please do yourself a favor and visit ChorizoThe location is nice and the food is fantastic.  Try the Pionono with pulled pork – excellent! 

No comments:

Post a Comment