Saturday, January 21, 2012

Incredible, wait better yet, exceptional...

You know how things go...sometimes you have to make a bit of a financial investment in order to create some motivation.  Well about eight months ago I purchased the Nike+ SportWatch GPS from the local running store.  While I had some initial concerns about the watch and its limitations, it has proven to be a great purchase and it actually (in my opinion) looks pretty cool for a running watch. 

Nike+ SportWatch GPS powered by TomTom
image courtesy of nike.com

Anyways, long story short earlier this week the clasp broke and I was pretty bummed because it happened in my hotel room and there was really no cool story behind why it broke...would rather have painted you a picture of me taking a nasty fall or sliding down some slick rocks, but nothing like that.  It simply snapped off.  So today, while running some errands, I took it back to the store I purchased it from to ask if they had seen anything like this before.  Surely I was not the only person to break my watch, right?  Unfortunately I had been but the manager at the Big Peach Running Company on Peachtree Street exchanged it without any questions.  Talk about some exceptional customer service.  Needless to say all my future running purchases will be from there...sorry REI. 

Food alert - When in the Atlanta area, do yourself a favor and hit The Porter Beer Bar.  Located in Little Five Points, this place has literally hundreds of different beer selections and a solid menu.  I would recommend an Innis and Gunn paired with the salt and vinegar popcorn.  Great start to any meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment